30-Day Job Promotion:
Build a Powerful Promotion Plan in a Month
“We are delighted to announce that our guest speaker will be Susan Britton Whitcomb, founder of Career Coach Academy, who will be speaking about her new book, 30-Day Job Promotion: Build a Powerful Promotion Plan in a Month (JIST Works, 2007). Susan will discuss how, as career coaches, we can use the tried-and-tested tools she presents to help our clients go where they want to go and experience the rewards they desire in their careers. In today’s competitive workplace career strategies like the ones Susan presents in her new book can help clients accelerate the achievement of their career goals.
Susan will cover many of the following topics, and include a case study to illustrate how these tools and approaches can result in the promotion your clients deserve:
- Top 10 characteristics of promotable people
- 3 common reasons people want to get promoted
- 6 secrets of a Master F.I.T. so your position fits like a glove
- 5 A's of a winning game plan
- 12 dumb mistakes to avoid when going for a promotion
- Quiz to predict your promotability factor
- 10 commandments of career success
- Scripts and tips for having “crucial career conversations” with your manager
- A winning T.A.L.K. formula—timing, agenda, languaging, keep it going
- 15 common roadblocks to promotion, along with tips for overcoming them
- 10 steps to salary negotiation to get paid for the work you really do
**Download a free excerpt of her book at www.CareerAndLifeCoach.com.
Susan Britton Whitcomb is a career and life coach, author, speaker and trainer with more than 20 years’ experience in the careers industry. Her earlier books include the popular Magic Series—Resume Magic, Interview Magic, and Job Search Magic, which won a Silver Medallion for Book of the Year in the Career Category this year. She has been a careers columnist and featured chat guest for Monster.com and America Online and, as an industry expert, has been cited in U.S. News & World Report, CBS Marketwatch.com, the Dow Jones National Business Employment Weekly and numerous other publications.
She holds designations as a Certified Career Management Coach, Nationally Certified Resume Writer, Master Resume Writer and Credential Career Master and is certified in several Type assessments including the Myers-Briggs and Gold Personality Type Indicator. She also teaches the Certified Career Management Coach program as an advanced course for Institute of Life Coach Training where she completed her coach training.”