Career Coaching Areas of Expertise
Transition Coaching for mid-career professionals who:
- have been downsized or reorganized and want to take a thoughtful approach to their next job while becoming re-employed as soon as possible
- are currently employed but not happy or challenged in their position and want to begin planning their exit strategy
- have been out of the workforce for awhile and need to jumpstart and refocus their search for a new career or position
Leadership coaching for mid-career professionals who:
- are in technical, individual contributor roles moving into broader, more strategic management positions
- are high-potential employees moving into high-visibility/high-risk management roles
- are managers are taking on new leadership roles in organizational settings that are going through major change and without consistent management support
New and Recent Grads: through her “Campus to Career Program”, Bobbie works with recent grads to help them find a position which will bring them good experience and mentorship but is also aligned with the interests and values they are developing as young professionals in the workplace.
Education & Training
- MBA – Harvard University
- Member: ICF; CMI (Career Masters Institute), PCMA (Professional Coaches and Mentors Association); NCHRA (Northern California Human Resources Association); WISE (Women in Sports and Entertainment); President – San Francisco Bay Area (AMA) American Marketing Association
Roberta (Bobbie) LaPorte, is Founder and Principal of RAL & Associates, a consulting firm proving leadership and career development services to financial services, healthcare and technology organizations. As an industry senior executive with more than 20 years of cross-functional experience, Bobbie has established a track record building market share, revenue and profit growth, and helping hundreds of industry professionals achieve career excellence and resiliency.
Before founding RAL & Associates, Ms. LaPorte served in GM, COO and CMO roles in several Fortune 100 companies, including IBM, GE, Citygroup and United Healthcare. Through her consulting practice, Bobbie has helped hundreds of career professionals discover the "best next step" in their career. She is passionate about helping professionals find their place in the workplace. A certified career coach, she holds membership in the Professional Coaches and Mentors Association (PCMA), the International Coach Federation (ICF) and The Career Masters Institute (CMI).
Ms. LaPorte has a Bachelor's degree from the University of Massachusetts, and an MBA from Harvard. A frequent speaker and author on the powerful relationship between physical fitness and career success, she is also an accomplished triathlete and multi-sport coach. Bobbie is currently training for her fourth Ironman triathlon. When she is not coaching executives of Ironman triathletes, she proudly serves on a number of Bay Area non-profit Boards, and happily rescues Golden Retriever dogs.