Career Coaching Areas of Expertise
Would you like to:
- Develop an effective self-marketing plan
- Decide what elements to include in your career portfolio
- Create a compelling professional pitch statement
- Learn tips to make effective career transitions
- Showcase your accomplishments in an interview or performance review meeting
If you are embarking on a job search or seeking to advance in your industry, you are engaging in self-marketing. And, the product is YOU! The quality of your “packaging” – career portfolio, resume, or professional pitch – can dramatically impact your success. The Competent Advantage™ Career Development program is sure to help you identify your strengths and position yourself for new opportunities. Learn how to present your skills and accomplishments to prospective employers and champions, and take your career to the next level!
- BA in English, Dartmouth College
- MPA in Public Finance, New York University
- Certification: Stress Management, Yale University School of Medicine
- Certification: 7 Habits of Highly Effective People®, FranklinCovey
- Certification: FOCUS: Achieving Your Highest Priorities, FranklinCovey
- Member, National Career Development Association
- Member, American Society for Training &Development
Colette Ellis, Founder of InStep Consulting LLC, helps people and organizations discover their competent advantage™. Adept at learning her client’s needs, Colette bases her intuitive approach on nearly 15 years providing professional development services to leading Fortune 500 companies. She has trained executives and managers in oral and written communication, leadership principles and teambuilding. Her business and consulting experience spans the Consumer Products, Financial Services, Not-for-Profit, and Professional Service industries.
Via her Competent Advantage™ career-coaching program, Colette uses her personal transition experience to help clients identify suitable career paths and opportunities. She believes that a keen awareness of one’s motivators, values and skills, combined with the ability to promote one’s talents, helps people to define successful career paths.
Colette encourages innovative and continuous learning, having taught with the City and State Universities of New York, Gotham Writers’ Workshop, Long Island University, and the Workshop in Business Opportunities (WIBO). Colette has conducted numerous workshops for corporations, colleges and nonprofit organizations, and been a featured guest on several radio programs.