Career Coaching Areas of Expertise
- High School and College Students - personal assessment, career choice, assisting with college decision and applications, goal setting
- Career Change/Transitions - personal assessment, job campaign, interviewing and negotiation, networking, work-life balance, career management strategies
- Midlife and Retirement Planning - personal assessment, retirement decisions, work opportunities, coaching/mentoring, next-phase planning, dealing with change and relationships
- Understanding the needs of older workers
- Assessment of workforce needs
- Strategic Planning
- Knowledge Management
- Implementation of mentoring/coaching program
- Employee Retirement Planning Program
Education & Training
- Ph. D., Leadership/Human Resource Development, Barry University
- Certified Professional Coach (CPC) - Grow Training Institute
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - State of Florida
- Faculty Advisor - Sigma Phi Omega Honor & Professional Society
- Member: Phi Delta Kappa International Honor & Professional Society, International Association of Coaches, Gehrman Lehman Councils, Southern Management Association, eWomenNetwork
- VIP Member, Biltmore Who's Who Among Executives & Professionals
Dr. Barbara Seifert is the President and Owner of Committed to Your Success Coaching & Consulting, but her accomplishments started long before she began coaching. After obtaining her doctoral degree in Leadership/Human Resource Development from Barry University, Barbara held many various positions in the corporate world in both corporate and nonprofit organizations. In her 25 years of business experience, she mentored and trained employees and business providers to become successful and to achieve personal and organizational goals. Barbara has been instrumental in the formation of three programs: The Transitional Unit at ORHS Lucerne Hospital, the Orange County Central Receiving Center, and the State of Florida TANF Program in Circuit 5.
Barbara is a Certified Professional Coach, as well as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. As a coach, Barbara has a strong background in assessment, goal-setting and strategic planning. She also is experienced with solving complex employee relational issues, as well as successfully coaching middle and executive leadership on situations and organizational problems, and in helping small businesses to grow their practices.
Barbara currently teaches at Webster University, where she teaches in both the Human Resource Development Program, where she teaches Career Management, and the Gerontology Program, which is the study of older adults, so she has expertise in both these areas, which brings added value to her clients. She also conducts research in order to keep current on the latest trends and to further knowledge in both these areas. Barbara has a passion for ensuring your success! She helps you take action today so you are prepared for tomorrow!